Botanical gardens are places where a enormous variety of plants are developed, usually for scientific purposes. Not all botanical gardens are open to the public, but the ones that are serve as a great educational tool, as you will be able to study many different plants up-close. While research certainly takes place on these plants, a botanical garden also serves as a place for conservation, keeping these plants protected in the process.
Here are some of the best botanical gardens in the world.
1. The New York Botanical Garden is one of the most well-known botanical gardens in the world. Situated in the Bronx borough of New York City, this garden sits on 250 acres and contains 50 gardens and plant collections. It was founded in 1891 and it acts as the region’s leader in research and plant collection. The New York Botanical Garden has also remained as international leader when it comes to research. If you ever are scheduling a trip to see one of these gardens, this would certainly be a place to keep in mind, as they contain some of the best collections of plants in the entire world.
2. The Missouri Botanical Garden is also very popular in the United States. Located in St. Louis, this particular garden is known for having some of the finest botanical research around. There are also a number of horticultural displays and education programs geared toward training people everything about botanical gardens.
3. Denver’s Botanical Garden is one of the top-rated gardens in all of the United States. This is a very exceptional garden because of where it is situated – the western part of the country. Therefore, by visiting this garden you will get a quick look at some plants you will not find in many other places, especially back east. Visually dazzling and essentially a work of art, this botanical garden has been around for over 55 years and has served as both an eye pleaser and an educational tool.
Those are just three of the most popular botanical gardens in the United States. These gardens can be found all over the world and each one has something different to offer. While these are usually used for conducting research and other learning purposes, one really can look at a botanical garden as a work of art. Beautifully designed, you must visit one in your lifetime; it is guaranteed that you have not seen anything like it, and surely you will not leave disappointed
Here are some of the place where you can see the gardens of the world.
1. Florida contains two gardens that are considered gardens of the world. There’s Leu Gardens as well as the Fairchild Tropical Garden. Leu Gardens is in Orlando, while Fairchild Tropical Garden is in Miami. Both gardens enclose over fifty acres of rare and beautiful species of plants and flowers.
2. The Ness Botanic Gardens is one of the gardens in the world in Liverpool, England. It was been added to by exotic plant hunters since the nineteen hundreds and is even part of Liverpool University’s work.
3. In Russia, there are two gardens of the world. There’s the Botanic Garden of the Irkutsk State University, which isn’t usually open to the public since it’s primarily used for the University’s work, and then there’s the Petrozavodsk State University Botanic Garden, which seeks to work together with other gardens of the world to boost its variety and also add to the variety of other gardens.
4. There’s even one of the gardens of the world in New Zealand, where they have the Christchurch Botanic Gardens, which is home to many acres of trees, flowers and shrubs. When you arrive, you become the master or mistress over all of these acres, and you will love the many walkways, bridges, and shady rests that are available to all who visit.
There are several other gardens of the world, and they are all beautiful and unique in their own right. If you truly love nature and would like to view exotic species and varieties of plants and flowers, and much more, visit one of the gardens of the world near you or begin your travels to all the corners of the world to visit gardens of the world in other countries and states. You’ll love what you see and you’ll love how the power of nature overwhelms you as you likely have never felt before.